The requirement for Liquor License For Sale is for establishments that are going to serve or sell alcohol. Any business that wants to obtain a license to serve liquor will need to ensure that they get a professional survey performed of the property, including all buildings and land included, to include with the application for a permit or license with the state regulating agency. These surveys will include all of the pertinent information that is required by regulating authorities to determine that a building or business is in the right location or in a usable location for selling or serving alcohol.
Purpose of getting a liquor licence:
- Liquor license surveys are not always going to prove a business worthy of operation. In some cases, they are even educational to the potential business owner because they might not be aware of other buildings or facilities in their area that would be negatively affected by their sale or service of alcohol. Utilizing the liquor license survey, they can better understand where they are setting up shop, why their location works or doesn’t work, and then submit the survey with their application in hopes of being approved to open an establishment and have a valid liquor license.
- Basically, a survey for a liquor license serves to prove that an establishment is not located too close to schools or other places that would be adversely affected by the establishment’s existence in the community. Typically, zoning regulations are checked out and surveyors will determine that a building is in the right location and capable of conducting business without a negative impact.
- It is recommended that you allocate at least four weeks for this process and do not be tempted to rush to judgment. Some issues may only come to light over a period of time and thus you should proceed carefully.
- Requirements vary by state for liquor license surveys. The only constant throughout all areas is that a survey is required in order to apply for licensing. By taking the time to learn about local laws and research what your liquor licensing authority requires.
- You will be much better able to ensure that your survey presents your business as a place that is capable of serving or selling alcohol without interfering with other buildings and businesses or having a negative impact on the community. In the process of getting a Liquor License For Sale, this might seem like a tedious chore but it can also be educational for business owners.